Get upcoming course and industry updatesSubscribe to news
STCW Refresher Courses (PST, FPFF, CMT)
The STCW code requires that every five years seafarers must provide evidence that they have maintained the skills developed during their basic training. The two main areas that the code focusses on are the Personal Survival Techniques (PST) and the Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF). Download PST/FPFF fact sheet
Certain elements can be completed through on-board drills and exercises and a signed sea service letter confirming that you have undertaken these drills will be accepted as evidence. Download letter template
Some elements must be done at a training facility and that is where FETS refresher courses fill that requirement.
For those working on ships that require Crowd Management Training (CMT) that must also be refreshed every five years or proof of maintaining the standard be supplied.
- PST (one day): A combination of a theory recap and practical evolutions.
- FPFF (two days): Again it is a combination of theory recap and practical scenarios. Although longer than other training providers courses we have found the most benefit is gained by having a two day course. (For further info feel free to contact the FETS team).
- CMT (1/2 day): A quick theory recap and practical scenarios.
- A completed enrolment form - Download refresher enrolment form
- Proof of identity - e.g photo ID such as passport
- Proof of having completed the full course or a refresher course within the last five years.
- A drills and sea service letter - Download letter template
- A current seafarers medical certificate or completed FETS medical form (FPFF refresher only) - Download FETS medical form
This training meets the requirements of STCW code and a refresher certificate will be issued on successful completion.
This course is accredited by Maritime New Zealand