STCW Crowd Management and Passenger Safety Training
Before being assigned shipboard duties, personnel providing direct service to passengers in passenger spaces must receive additional safety training. The aim is for the student to understand, crowd behaviour in an emergency, emergency procedures, use emergency equipment and to demonstrate leadership.
During the training they will learn to:
- Contribute to the implementation of shipboard emergency plans and procedures
- Assist passengers en route to muster and embarkation stations
- Establish and maintain effective communication with passengers during an emergency
- Demonstrate to passengers the use of life saving equipment
- How to assist persons during an emergency that have a disability or needing special assistance
- A fully completed and signed enrolment form.
- Proof of identity - e.g passport, drivers licence etc.
This training meets the requirements of the STCW code Regulation V/2 Para 6 & 7. On successful completion you will be issued with an "STCW Crowd Management Training Certificate of Competence".
This course is accredited by Maritime New Zealand
- Full course - one day
- Refresher - 1/2 Day (required every five years)
- $295.00+GST per person.
- $2520.00+GST for groups up to 12 people then an additional $295.00+GST for any additional person above 12
- $170.00+GST per person.
- $1375.00+GST for groups up to 12 people then an additional $170.00+GST for any additional person above 12