Get upcoming course and industry updatesSubscribe to news
STCW Basic training (EFA, FPFF, PST, PSSR)
STCW (Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers) is a practical marine course covering water safety and rescue. This course covers the requirements needed to work on ships throughout the world including Super Yachts.
Refresher courses are available.
FETS is accredited by Maritime NZ to run basic STCW courses.
Public courses are also available from time to time however this depends on the demand. Any courses we run that have spare spaces will be advertised in our course calendar and on our home page.
- Personal safety and social responsibility (PSSR)
- Elementary First Aid (EFA)
- Personal survival techniques (PST)
- Fire prevention and fire fighting techniques (FPFF)
Note 1: These four components make up the "Basic training" and are normally conducted together but can be run as individual courses if required.
Note 2: The PST and FPFF components require a refresher every five years.
- A fully completed and signed enrolment form. Download enrolment form
- Poof of identity - e.g passport, drivers license etc.
- A current seafarers medical certificate or a completed FETS medical form. Download medical form
- Venue and travel can be arranged Download student handbook
- Meals can be provided on request
If training is onsite, a site examination can be carried out by FETS prior to your training course to ensure course content is tailored for your unique working environment.
Contact Us to enquire about this course and costs, or call 0800 FETS 4 U.Book This Course Call Today 0800 338 748