Permit to Work
Permit to work (PTW) is a well accepted practice in many organisations when dealing with high risk tasks.
Being competent in PTW is the difference between having a system and having a system that actually works.
Trainees will gain an understanding of the PTW system, the roles of those involved in the PTW system, the requirements of the system, the benefits of a PTW system, how to implement and monitor the effectiveness of the PTW system. They will be competent in completing a permit and undertaking work under the permit.
While not mandatory it is strongly recommended that all trainees have completed Unit Standard 17602 Hazard Identification or Unit Standard 30265 Risk Assessment.
- Understand work permit procedures
- Identify when work permits are required
- Issue a work permit
- Complete a work permit
- Accept a work permit
- Undertake work under the permit
- Carry out controls and actions at completion of the permit
- Issue a work permit (permit issuer)
- Audit work permits (permit issuer)
17588: Apply for, accept and carry out work according to a work permit in the workplace
17590: Issue worksite specific work permits
- Venue and travel can be arranged
- Morning tea provided on request
If training is onsite, a site examination can be carried out by FETS prior to your training course to ensure course content is tailored for your unique working environment.
Contact Us to enquire about this course or call 0800 FETS 4 U.Book This Course Call Today 0800 338 748