Get upcoming course and industry updatesSubscribe to news
Are you ready?
Emergencies occur in the blink of an eye so to speak. The actions taken in the initial minutes of an emergency are critical. A prompt warning to employees to evacuate, shelter or lockdown can save lives. A call for help to public emergency services that provides full and accurate information will help the dispatcher send the right responders and equipment. Employees that have trained in First Aid, CPR, and Evacuation/Crowd Management, Fire Extinguishing, Confined Space Entry and Exit, and trained to use Breathing Apparatus will become life savers. If Employees have trained for a real emergency (practical and theory) with FETS emergency preparedness training, their actions in an emergency with their knowledge of the building and process systems will save lives and lessen damage providing a measured approach to getting through the emergency. People’s lives are the first priority.
First steps when developing an emergency response plan is to conduct a risk assessment to identify potential emergency scenarios unique to your environment. An understanding of what can happen will enable you to determine resource requirements and to develop plans and procedures to prepare your business. The emergency plan should be consistent with your performance objectives and lead in to your (BCP) business continuity plan.
Whether it be a small fire, a flood, gas leak, chemical spill, act of violence or an earthquake, using FETS consulting now, will give your organisation the tools and confidence to be ‘emergency prepared’.
- To assist an organisation and individuals to prepare for an emergency.
- To take appropriate initial actions to protect themselves and those around them, and to minimise further injury or loss of life.
- To set up an effective incident management system.
- To safely carryout recognised post incident procedures.
- To be an effective member of a building or organisations emergency management/response capability.
- Where practical safely implement basic general rescue techniques.
Courses available include:
Earthquake awareness 1.5 - 2 hours – theory
This short presentation covers the basic knowledge required to understand what you can do, as an individual or organisation, to plan for an earthquake. It aims to give clear and simple information to provide a reality check on how prepared you are.
- Civil Defence in New Zealand
- Emergency Service Response capability
- Emergency Planning
- Emergency service operations (CIMS)
- Personal, household and organizational safety
- During and after an earthquake
- Survival kits, grab bags, get up and go backs
How well you manage following an earthquake depends on many factors. Having an effective action plan and basic skills are essential. This course builds on the Awareness Course.
- Decision making after the earthquake
- Simple rescue equipment
- General rescue techniques
- Post disaster (0-5 days)
- Introduction to emergency first aid
- Practical exercises
Emergency Planning (management)
This short course provides a framework for small to medium sized companies to develop their own emergency plans from evacuation to business continuity.
- Developing emergency plans
- Business continuity planning
- Organisational command and control
- Communication plans
- Legislative/organizational drivers
- Table-top exercises
- Implementing post-emergency plans – debriefs, counselling, business continuity plans (BCP’s)
Emergency first aid and fire extinguisher 4 hours practical
Designed to take workplace first aid to a different level. A practical course focused on making tough decisions not normally required in first aid situations. Can be combined with a practical point-and-shoot fire extinguisher refresher course.
- Leave, treat and leave, treat and rescue?
- Point and shoot fire extinguisher
- Move or leave? Risk of further harm?
- Triage (casualty treatment priority)
- Venue and travel can be arranged
- Morning tea provided on request
If training is onsite, a site examination can be carried out by FETS prior to your training course to ensure course content is tailored for your unique working environment.
Contact Us to enquire about this course or call 0800 FETS 4 U.Book This Course Call Today 0800 338 748